The UCC wishes you a relaxing spring break! We hope you take time to relax and re-energized so that you can come back ready and re-charged to finish your semester strong. Here are some helpful tips for using your break well!
Spring Break Tips:
- Evaluate yourself to get to know your skills, values, and interests
- Explore career options for your major: http://www.longwood.edu/career/22033.htm
- Take advantage of networking opportunities: volunteer, job shadowing, conduct informational interviews, etc.
- Meet, connect, and learn from business professionals, alumni, friends and family, fellow students, faculty, and advisors
- Make business cards
- Make a list then research those companies where you have an interest in working/interning
- Update your resume with what you have done this spring semester
- Write draft/final cover letters
- Practice interviewing
- Sign up for mock interviews
- Polish your elevator speech
- Clean up you social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Create a job/internship search plan for the summer or after graduation
- Stay informed on current events and business trends
- Check CareerConnect often for new job/internship opportunities
- Create or update your LinkedIn profile
- Need more tips? Check this out! https://university.linkedin.com/Review the UCC’s Dining Etiquette packet before going to any formal meals: http://www.longwood.edu/assets/career/DiningEtiquetteHandout.pdf
Education Recruitment Day
Education students/student teachers, this is the career fair for you! Meet school division representatives and interview for jobs!
When: Friday, March 6th at 9am
Where Dorrill Dining Hall
Register today and check out the employers attending the event!
Looking for more information and resources?
Check out the UCC website! http://www.longwood.edu/career/22060.htm
Explore Your Options, Prepare Yourself, Find Jobs and Internships, and Plan for Graduate & Professional School
Longwood University Career Center
Lancaster Hall G08-A
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
Call us to set up an individual appointment or mock interview!
Have a safe and happy spring break, Lancers!